Key Summit Day Walk
This is a wonderful day out with Fiordland Walks capturing the most amazing views of several valleys from lookouts on part of the Routeburn Track and beyond.
- Depart 8:30 am – Return (approx) 4:30 pm from your Te Anau accommodation. (Times can be changed)
- We will travel the world famous Milford Road on our way to the main divide that separates the Eglinton Valley and the Hollyford Valley.
- Our walk starts at the “Divide” and before we start the walk we will supply you with a wonderful morning tea with tea, coffee or fruit juice and our famous fresh baking. We will then make our way through some amazing bush in a meandering well formed track that requires a slight to medium fitness level.
- At the bush line we experience some unique alpine vegetation as we zig-zag our way to Key Summit with the same gradient all the way.
- If the weather is favourable we will have some add-ons during the day that takes you from wonderful views to magnificent views.
- At the summit you will experience stunning panoramic views of alpine lakes in several glacier carved valleys, and views of some Fiordland’s highest mountains.
- You will be on the famous Routeburn track for a good part of the day.
- We walk at a leisurely pace with your fitness level in mind at all times
- We will guarantee you a wonderful day regardless of the weather. If the weather becomes inclement when we get to the “Divide” we will take you to some amazing short walks in the Hollyford Valley instead.
“The day that takes you from wonderful views to magnificent views.”
Ray Horrell, Owner
1 Adult: $650
2 Adults: $390 each
3 Adults: $290 each
4+ Adults: $250 each
Child: $150 each
Exclusive and private to your group.
Larger Groups & Charters – price on application.
This hike requires easy to medium fitness level.
We supply lunch as an optional extra, but you may find that the fresh baking, tea and coffee we supply will be enough to sustain you for the day.
Make sure you bring:
- Sensible foot wear.
- Water bottle.
- Camera (charged)
- Rain coat
- Lunch, if required.