LUXMORE KEPLER HELI HIKE
Our extended Helicopter flight, with 2 landings and wonderful photo stops, is a spectacular way to get to the Luxmore Hut. This is a great way to see the amazing Kepler Track in full glory.
- Depart 9:30 am from your Te Anau accommodation. Return (approx) 4:00 pm (Times can be changed)
- Your wonderful day begins with an amazing helicopter flight. This is an extended flight – more than just getting you to the start of the track. We fly over the largest lake in the South Island (Lake Te Anau) before cruising over a group of “hidden lakes” that can only be seen from the air.
- Our first landing is a 10 minute stop on Mt Maury. This landing site is 100m higher than the mountain we will be walking on, so allows you to see the amazing views from above. We have time for plenty of photos here!
- We then land at the Luxmore Hut and begin your hike through some wonderful alpine vegetation with our knowledgeable guide who will share their expertise in a friendly and sometimes humorous way. We are now walking part of the Kepler Track.
- The views from the Luxmore Hut never cease to amaze. We spend some quality time with this view having morning tea with our home baking which includes our famous date scones, tea, coffee and biscuits.
- From here you have the opportunity to take a hike to the top of Mt Luxmore or start the easy hike down to the shores of the lake.
- While the view of the lake disappears, the walk through the native vegetation including beech trees, ferns and the occasional native bird is absolutely beautiful.
- As we descend to the lake which is 220 metres above sea level you will notice a remarkable change in the vegetation. We will share the geology of Fiordland and tell you all you want to know about the native fauna.
- A boat awaits us for our short cruise to the east side of Lake Te Anau.
“Hidden lakes, a spectacular flight with 2 landings, amazing views… this is the way to maximise your Luxmore / Kepler experience!”
Ray Horrell, Owner
1 Person: $990
2 Person: $660 each
3+ Person: $590 each
Exclusive and private to your group.
Larger Groups & Charters – price on application.
This hike requires easy to medium fitness unless you decide to ‘go to the top’. It is more or less down hill on a well formed track (without the hike to the top of Mt Luxmore.)
We supply lunch as an optional extra, but you may find that the fresh baking, tea and coffee we supply will be enough to sustain you for the day.
Make sure you bring:
- Sensible foot wear.
- Water bottle.
- Camera (charged)
- Rain coat
- Lunch, if required.